Examples and Benefits of Successful Technical Document Translation and Localization Services
One relevant example of the paramount role of effective technical document translation and localization services provided by subject matter expert Linguistic Service Providers comes from Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, networking, and cybersecurity solutions.
In 2017, they initiated a highly technical software localization project for the software-fulfillment process in their Tokyo office. In ensuring and streamlining the success of their overall technical document translation and localization process, they:
- Aligned the user interface to follow user preferences across different user applications.
- Localized every possible user interface flow into their target language
- Tasked a team of designated Linguistic Service Providers and subject matter expert linguists to review application screens and ensure source-target language rendition consistency
Adapting the user experience for their target country-specific requirements and localizing their technical content in a ‘disciplined way’ has given them a sought-after competitive advantage, as well as made a positive impact on the Cisco brand, customer engagement, and sales.
Considering the above technical translation success story, the main benefits of an appropriate technical translation and localization process can be summarized as follows:
- Increased global revenue with multilingual content
- Enhanced brand awareness
- Increased brand engagement
- Improved user experience
- Reduced overarching customer support expenses
- Boosted sales and ROI